February 3, 2011

29 weeks


from babycenter.com

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.


I apologize for the vulgarity in the picture above, but that was all Google images had to offer. Such a strange shape for butternut squash. Let's hope that's not the shape Baby C inherits ;)

Ahhh, the last week in my twenties. Not my age (just yet), but weeks in pregnancy. We're moving right along and becoming more excited as each day passes. The next month or so is going to be a very busy time for us and I'm hoping it helps speed things along even more so.

Last week, as you saw, we had our 3d/4d ultrasound which was beyond amazing. Rich and I both have our phone wallpaper set as one of those pictures. We constantly stare at him morning, noon and night... can't get enough!
This past Saturday we took an all day lamaze class, which they no longer refer to it as that. It's now "Preparation for Birth". We walked away learning quite a few new things such as how to help speed along the labor process, the stages of labor, and of course, how to breath. I'm on the fence about the breathing part. While I'm sure it helps, I just don't think I'm coordinated enough to breath, rub my belly a certain way, AND watch my coach, aka, Richie count down. I have a feeling I'll default to my comfortable yoga breaths when that moment arrives. I always feel calm and relaxed during my yogi breathing. I guess I'll just have to see what suits me best while in that moment.

Within the past month I've been feeling his kicks become a lot harder and now instead of feeling my belly for the kicks, we've been getting such a rise out of just watching him move around like a little alien. He has a little routine going on- he'll fist pump continuously for about 5 seconds, then he'll squirm from one side of my stomach to another. Meanwhile his parents are so amused by the show he is putting on. It really is the coolest thing ever... except for when it hurts me. He has definitely been favoring one side over another on some days. A few times I've noticed a large bulge and when I go to feel it, he moves into it. I know it's one of his body parts, but I'm not able to make it out yet. I've read that the amniotic fluid decreases a bit and that is how we're able to feel, and see, so much more of him. Amazing!

I don't know if I mentioned before, but the baby's nursery is all set up and ready to go. I'm still waiting on a custom made mobile and wall canvas before I post any pictures. I'm so anxious though because it's just so cute. We've been spending a lot of time in there, including Delila. She has to sniff everything out and be right in the middle of the action. I can't wait for her to meet her baby bro.
Along with the nursery, we have his sweet ride/stroller assembled, as well as his car seat. Gosh, all of these things make it so surreal. I keep playing EVERYTHING over and over in my mind. This really is going to be the best moment(s) of our life. We thought our wedding was the greatest, but I already know that we haven't a clue what this little man has in store for us. Ok, baby... we're ready for you ;o)


And here is my ever growing "butternut squash", plus some:




1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic! Your thighs are still smaller than mine!!!! I can't wait-this is so exciting. xxoo

    ReplyDelete