January 31, 2013

Fall back

One of my New Years resolutions was to stay current on my blog. I appreciate each and every one of you who actually take the time to read this and especially look through my many pictures. I know I can go a little overboard at times. However, I don't really keep a blog for followers. It's more for personal use and to document life's happenings. At times, I find myself going back to 2010, when I first started this blog, to read and see about our past. Especially comparing my first pregnancy to the second. If I'm going back and reminiscing two years in, I know I'll look back at this twenty years from now. And hopefully the boys will too. This is our own personal (electronic) book of life :o)

That being said, I've got to make up for my slacking, aka being a busy bee, aka a mother of two. I know I'm going out of order, but I failed to post about Fall 2012, one of my other favorite times of the year.

Since Cameron surprised us much earlier than expected, I didn't even think twice about a Halloween costume for him. Actually, I'm lying. It did cross my mind, but of course Rich didn't feel it would be necessary to have one on hand. Ya know, just in case. Boy, were we wrong.

Picking out Spencer's costume last year (2012) was a chore. He was going through the phase where he refused hats. So after three costume returns later, we found one that would make due. A costume where even if he didn't wear the hat, you would still recognize the look he was going for.

fighting the hat

ahh, much better

When Cam surprised us by showing up on October 17th, this mama had to rush ship a costume for our baby's first Halloween!

2 weeks old!

still can't get over how small he was

And of course, my attempt at both boys on Halloween:


Spencer hosted his first Halloween party. He had his friends Atlas, Blaise, Ruby and Ellie over, and of course their parents. We snacked, drank and trick or treated. I may have been an overachiever since Cam was so new, but we had the party plans for some time. We made it work out and all of the kids had a great time.


The weekend before Halloween, we visited a local pumpkin patch to choose the perfect one. I was 1.5 weeks postpartum and SO happy to get out of the house for fresh air.







As you can see, someone took a bad tumble from having too much fun. Not only did we pick our pumpkin, but Spence even got a mini one of his own.
That same weekend involved carving our pumpkin and some crafts.







Then there's Thanksgiving. Nothing more to tell other than we ate, drank and spent quality time with family. This year (2012), Libby was here visiting. My parents came up hosted our dinner. Cameron was so new that I wasn't willing to travel anywhere with him. Next year will be different though. I failed to take many pictures, but I did manage to snap Spencer enjoying his new baby brother, us at Turkey day dinner, and my dessert table spread:






No comments:

Post a Comment