March 25, 2011

Soon!...

... our baby boy will be here. In 18 days to be exact, but who's counting?! ;o)
That's right, our Spencer will be born hopefully on April 13th, 2011. We had another doctor appointment today and the plan is to induce me on that date. Our physician will continue to check my cervix at each weekly visit to determine if I am thinning accordingly. If my cervix has not thinned enough and/or not dilated any by the time our induction week arrives, then we will be admitted to the hospital on Tuesday, April 12th to begin that process. To do so, they use a vaginal insert called "Cervidil" which is inserted into my cervix. This will help it continue to thin and the process can take up to 12 hours. However, if my cervix has ripened, as they like to call it, then we can bypass that whole process. Once the Cervidil has done it's job, then I will start on the "Pitocin", which is an IV drip to officially start my labor. Our physician is on call for only a short window, from Wed 4/13 at 8 a.m. until 8 a.m.,Thurs 4/14. We would really like for her to be the one who delivers Spence so we decided to work with her schedule. Plus, it just makes us more comfortable with her knowing my now "high risk" history.
Now if Spencer is ready to make his debut appearance early, or if I have another bleeding incident, then of course all bets are off. We will be having a baby a lot sooner. We'll see what this little one decides to do.

So that's where we currently stand. I am on day 7 of bed rest now, and I have to admit that I am getting miserable. My body is beginning to ache from only being in a few different positions all day long. At times I just can't help but to get up and walk around the house. It really is not desirable at all, but I just have to keep reminding myself that I only have a short period to go. I CAN DO THIS!
Rich continues to try and wait and me hand and foot, all while juggling his work and the house. He's doing a great job, but I know it's not easy. We usually share the house chores which makes it easy on us, but right now it's all him. Well, at least it's all him taking my orders. He hasn't exactly done them just yet. He likes to put them off until the last minute. I keep telling him that it's totally o.k. to call in the Merry Maids. LOL

We did manage to snap a belly pic this morning. This is Spencer at 36 weeks:

 



At the end of February, we met up with our friend, Chrissy, who is with http://www.vitalicphoto.com/ .
She shot our engagement, wedding and now maternity photos. Once Spencer is here, she will also be taking his newborn portraits. Here is a sneak peak at a few from our maternity sesh. We have more posted on our facebook page.























1 comment:

  1. That last one is priceless Jenn. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete