April 8, 2011

Here we are

Officially full term with only five days to go!!! Ahhh, music to my ears.
We are 38 weeks now and I'm proud to say that I've been successful keeping this bambino cooking. Even though I'm hating it, bed rest seems to have done my body good. However, Spencer is more than welcome to make his appearance any moment now. Really, Spence... it's totally fine!
We've been quite prepared for this little guy for months. Everything is in place and assembled just waiting to be filled by a little cheeky monkey.

This week has been quite tough for me as I've been experiencing a massive amount of pain and pressure.We had my last prenatal ob/gyn visit yesterday, and now this pain is all making sense. We were told that I am currently two centimeters dilated and fully effaced. This is GREAT news, people! The doctor said I could go into labor at any time on my own. However, unless Spencer has others plans, it looks like April 13th will be his birthday.
My official induction is scheduled for 4 a.m. on Wednesday the 13th. Since my cervix has decided to cooperate (thank goodness), we will not have to be admitted a day early to start that cervidil process. This makes me extremely happy since we don't have to spend that extra, unecessary day and night in the hospital. Now, I'm just hoping that this whole labor thing doesn't drag out for too long. I know every woman is different, but my doctor seems pretty confident to have the baby born before she goes off call, which is at 8 a.m. Thursday. Ooof, PLEASE don't let me labor that long!
If all goes according to plan, and we deliver vaginally, then our hospital stay will only be an additional two days after delivery. If we have to go the c-section route then we're stuck for three. After the baby is born, visitors are welcome to come and meet Mr. Big Fuss himself. Visiting hours at Winnie Palmer are from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. Otherwise, you're more than welcome to stop by and meet him in his new digs anytime.

I can't believe this is my last blog post while pregnant. The next time I write, I'll be someone's mom! <tear> These long nine months has been quite the beautiful journey for us and I know it's just going to continue from here on out. Our lives will never be the same and we are both so ready to embrace it. Carrying our son, living-- eating-- breathing off of me, has brought me so close to him already. The love I feel is indescribable, and I haven't even met him yet. Pregnancy truly is a blessing and miracle combined into one. I thank god for blessing us with this opportunity and I vow to him, and Spencer, to never stop loving and caring for him for as long as I'm alive. This kid will not be lacking in the love department between us, and both sides of our family.

If you remeber this from when I was 10 weeks along, I had the bright idea of updating it at 20, 30 and 40 weeks, but kinda forgot... which is nothing new these days. I only completed that first one, and now here's my last one:

How far along: 38 weeks, with only five more days to go!
Total weight gain/loss: +42 pounds on the dot
Maternity clothes? I've quite the collection now, but being on bed rest for the past three weeks, it's been pajama's all day, e'rry day.
Stretch marks? Surprisingly, and thankfully, no. I may have one or two on my breasts, but I can't really tell if it's just a vein. I can't really see areas of my body since I've grown ;o)
Sleep: What's this you speak of?? For the past couple months I'm up a minimum of three times using the restroom, constantly tossing and turning trying to get comfy, then not being able to fall back asleep due to a constant racing mind. I'm a firm believer that the third trimester really does prep you for those future sleepless nights.
Best moment this week: Rich took me on a little field trip Saturday morning, meaning I got to actually leave the house! He took me baby clothes shopping one last time, but under his circumstances--- in a wheelchair. hahaa
Food cravings: I must say that I haven't really craved one thing in particular. I've just eaten way out of my comfort zone this entire time. Eating things I wouldn't normally-- fast food, frequent pizza, white bread, fries. Being so carefree with my foods remind me of my teenage years when I hadn't a worry in the world about calories.
Labor Signs: Every day for the past month. Pressure, sharp pains, cramps... ahh, the joys of pregnancy.
Belly Button in or out? The turkey is definitely done!
What I miss: My healthy eating habits, being able to snuggle and be close to my Richie and deep sleeps.
What I am looking forward to: Holding my baby boy for the first time!
Milestones: FULL TERM


And here is the last belly pic from this pregnancy. Until next time...





we're ready for you, Baby Spencer!

Stay tuned for Spencer's birth story, and especially to see and meet little man. Coming to a computer screen near you!

3 comments:

  1. My fave pic is you holding the dog! Can't wait xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. waah! i just got teary! it's so true what you say about that LOVE and how crazy it is. i never even knew i had the capacity to love that much - it was, and is, almost unbelievable.

    we couldn't be more excited! spence is one lucky lil dude to have you 2 as parents and the rest of the family his biggest fans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog layout!I so hope labor begins any day now--he definitely seems quite big enough! Can't wait to meet the little guy in person--I'm pretty partial to boys. :)

    ReplyDelete