September 11, 2012

Playing catch up

Holy behind, Batman! We've been one busy bunch and I have a feeling this is how it's going to be from here on out.
Some exciting news to share--- November 9th is the big day! My own version of Labor Day, that is. Our baby Cameron will here at noon that day unless the little mister has alternate plans of his own. So that's almost eight weeks away and the pressure and nerves are setting in. Pressure to have everything ready, and nervous about what we may have gotten ourselves into. Hahaa (kidding... partially)
So since so much has been happening, I'm not going to stay up all night rambling about it. Instead, I'll let the pics do the talking.


Thanks to our friends at Vitalic Photo, here is our Family Maternity Shoot from August 18th. I was 28 weeks:
































During Labor Day (the National holiday) weekend I had my mom and family visiting us in Orlando. My ma'dukes and bestie, Rania, threw us a baby sprinkle to help welcome Cameron. Everything from the decor, to the food, fun and smiles was all perfect. Those two are pretty much shower throwing extraordinaires by now between our wedding shower and now two baby showers. I think we'll give them a break for a long while :)
Here are a few pics of the set-up. You can view the rest and everyones smiling faces on my Flickr site.










Then just a few short days after our action packed weekend we went for our 3d ultrasound at 30 weeks to take a sneak peak of our baby boy. It was crazy scary how much Cameron resembled his brother. Their 3d ultrasounds are almost identical. It's going to be interesting to see if he is born as Spencer's mini-me.
                                        









And last, but not least, a 30 week belly shot if moi:




This weekend I am leaving my baby boy for the first time in 17 months. Rich and I are taking a "baby moon" before Cameron arrives, and while I should be stoked about getting out of town, I'm actually dreading it a little. Mixed emotions...
I know that we really need this alone time together before our life gets a tad more crazy, but I know myself and know that I won't be able to take my mind off of Spencer. I'm not ready to leave the little turd. I have no desire to. I probably sound crazy, but I just enjoy him so much. I don't feel I need time away from him. I know he'll be in good hands, but I just wish we could also pack his little bag to let him come and roam free on the beach of Captiva Island with us. Who knows, maybe I'll surprise myself and be able to actually relax. That does have a nice ring to it :) Wish me luck! Babymoon update We had a wonderful time! I cried for about the first twenty minutes on the road, but after a short pity party for one, some jokes from Rich, and food/coffee bribery, I was good. I was even better once we got to Captiva as everything was simply beautiful. The water was amazing. The weekend seemed to fly by and we were home before we knew it. I was extremely anxious. Spence had a great spoil filled weekend with his Nana and Papa. A few shots from our little getaway:

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything! Can't wait to hear the details. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm dreading Friday morning when we have to leave him. Definitely a new blog post to follow-up.

      Delete
  2. November 9th is my birthday! It's a good day to have a baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete