June 30, 2013

A little piece of paradise

Sunshine. Ocean. Family. Drinks. Fishing. Sunsets.

Yep, that's what I call paradise. And it can be found in a little place called Anna Maria Island. We just got back from our annual summer vacation, and oh how we all wish we were still there. Especially Spence. All he's been talking about for the past week is "the beach". While we were there, he would even talk in his sleep about "the beach". I kid you not. He's too funny.
We spent a total of four (short) days over there. The weather was perfect and the water was beautiful as always. Rich and I stumbled upon AMI back in 2010 and have made it our spot ever since. Not only are the beaches something you would see in a travel ad, but they have the cutest places to stay along with great restaurants. Plus you have Sarasota about 20 minutes away which is always a must for us as well. It's pretty much our tradition to eat at Columbia restaurant anytime we're over there. There, and in St. Augustine too. Yum!
My parents came along for the fun and thank goodness because with all of luggage we bring with us these days, to the beach especially, they were a huge help watching to babes while we set up.
We all had a great and relaxing time. If you've never been to AMI, I highly recommend going. I mean, how could you not want to spend each day and evening with a view like this?!


And a few of my many favorites. You can view more on my Flickr site.
























post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love AMI. I haven't been back in a while but it's amazing. As usual your pictures are amazing. I wish my husband volunteered as much as yours does to take family photos. We only have 2 and neither are great.

    ReplyDelete