April 3, 2013

Full Steam Ahead




And that's exactly the rate we've been traveling at. Since our March 20th Anniversary, we have been non-stop. Our anniversary play-date was pretty amazing as we played like little kids at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. I must admit that it was a little strange being at the theme park without the kids though. It's been two years since we've done much of anything alone. After playing at the parks, we went for an early-bird dinner, just like the old folks, at Amura. A well known sushi joint here in town. HUGE KUDOS to my husband as he was a man with a plan. When we ushered to our seats, our table was beautifully decorated and delicious red roses were awaiting my arrival. It was a wonderful surprise to say the least. After dinner, Rich asked if I would be interested in something sweet (dessert). I was stuffed and so I declined. The I was asked again, "what about something sweet or sparkly"? Huh?!?! lol I was confused since I had already said no. Then like a magician, Mr. Slick Rick unveils a small black box from under his napkin. I laughed hysterically as I was shocked, and thought  the presentation was funny. I opened the box to find two "sparkling" one carat princess cut diamond earrings. Gaaah, they were are beautiful! They match my wedding ring perfectly. What a guy, my Richie is!

Us playing with our 3D glasses at Universal

the beautiful set-up at dinner


After a great anniversary week, we took Spencer to meet his friend, Thomas the Train in Parrish, FL. We went last Saturday and spent the day with Thomas and friends. Among those friends were The Tru's (Chrissy, Thane and Tanner). Tanner and Spencer have a serious thing for the trains so this trip was more than appropriate. It was seriously like a Star Wars convention, but for kids and with trains. It was really cute though. We not only got to meet Thomas, but also rode on the steam engine. Spencer was in heaven!










After our day out with Thomas, we headed over to Anna Maria Island to spend the evening. The weather was very strange, it was extremely foggy all on the island and over the ocean. I had never seen anything like it. It didn't stop us though from our much anticipated beach day. It was nice to finally have our feet back in the sand and (cold) water.









Before we headed back home from our quickie West coast night away, we decided to make a pit stop at a strawberry farm, Eden Farms in Bradenton. Spencer was thrilled to be able to pick as he wished, and ate everything along the way. He was a mess when we left, but it was all worth it. Spence is so much fun right now and we enjoy watching every little thing he does. He's quite the funny guy these days too!










post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment